title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The CODEC required to compress .......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peakey
    • Mar 2005

The CODEC required to compress .......

Hi there,

I just got my full copy of dbmc and attempted to convert a .wav that I had in my files.I got this error

"The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Music\Tape Archives\Jon Anderson - Animation - 1982\All In A Matter Of Time.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened."

I've got LAME sitting the same directory as dbmc. What else might I need to do?

peakey
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: The CODEC required to compress .......

Did you get a message about the PowerPack having expired? Check dMC Configuration to see if it has: Start --> Programs --> dbPowerAmp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration

Also, is your wav a 16-bit or 24-bit wav? How many channels is it and what is its frequency?

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

And do you get the error when NOT converting to mp3 and converting it to another different audio codec such as WMA or OGG?

Comment

• shriek
        • Mar 2005

I wanted to report the same problem. And I tried many codecs like ogg, mp3 (blade, lame) or wma... all of them report the same error

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

uninstall/reinstall?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

In fact, download a new copy of the installer just to make sure its not a bad download.

Comment

• shriek
              • Mar 2005

Well, thanks for the help but forget everything :P After I installed the codecs for xm and mod files all my problems disappeared. And I didn't even had to restart the computer. It is strange. I was originaly trying to convert a wav file to mp3 and I had that problem. Now everything is just allright.

Comment

Working...

]]>