title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nero Aac Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LewisC3rd
    • Mar 2005

Nero Aac Help!

I asked this in a different post but i didnt get a clear answer. When i use the nero codec it creates mp4's, itunes and my ipod need m4a's. Is it ok to use the rename extension codec to rename the mp4's to m4a's????? So far they work but i want to know if this can hurt the original file in any way, sound quality wise. I'm not converting just "renaming". Thanks
    Last edited by LewisC3rd; March 22, 2005, 07:08 PM.
  • iTunesIsEvil
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

Re: Nero Aac Help!

If it's working for you, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you're worried about it then just make copies of the *.mp4 and then change the copies to *.m4a

There is no quality loss or what-not there. Youre just renaming the file. You should be fine.

Comment

• LewisC3rd
      • Mar 2005

Thanks i just dont want to find out 200cd rips later that the rename extension codec is flawed or i was misusing it. Any other advice welcome.

Comment

• iTunesIsEvil
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2004

Rename extension codec?

Then again there's always good 'ole command-prompt. Let's say your mp4's are just off the root of your C: drive in a folder called My Music and you've got another folder called My M4a Music just off the root as well, you could always just do this:

c:\My M4a Music\> xcopy "c:\My Music\*.mp4"

c:\My M4A Music\> rename *.mp4 *.m4a

Viola! You're done...

But if the other way's easier, then stick with it. But no, there won't be any adverse effects.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Just renames the filename, does not touch the file in any way.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LewisC3rd
            • Mar 2005

Cool, all i needed to know. Db is a great program, more sophisticated than cdex and less of a pain in the ass than eac. I think the only people who use eac are those who have nothing better to do than watch their music rip or those with old cdroms or scratched cds. Thanks again

Comment

• LewisC3rd
              • Mar 2005

Also as i mentioned in another post , if you are having problems with ripping and changing to built in limited helps but then you cant get names for cds or read cd text just go to nero.com,downloads,tools, and download the nero aspi layer for xp. Then all you have to do is go to program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp and drag or copy nero aspi dll to the folder . The next time you use cd config in db aspi appears as an option w/ cd text support. This has worked for me for 2 days now without any adverse effects. Just an fyi

Comment

Working...

]]>