title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp4 to m4a

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LewisC3rd
    • Mar 2005

mp4 to m4a

Hi,
    I'm new to dmc and acc and i was wondering if renaming extension to m4a after using nero causes any problems? So far it seems to work flawlessly but i just wanted to make sure it doesnt degrade quality or anything. Also i discoverd that if you simply put nero aspi dll in the db poweramp folder in program files , aspi works on xp. I was having problems with "nt device io".

Thanks
  • Tomb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2003

Re: mp4 to m4a

Go to this page on Codec Central, scroll to the bottom and download the AAC >> Mp4 & Mp4 >> AAC Codec which will allow you to "convert" AAC audio into, or from a Mp4 Container (without quality loss). This includes MP4 to m4a.
    Last edited by Tomb; March 20, 2005, 07:05 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No problem with the nero dll.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LewisC3rd
        • Mar 2005

So what's the point of the rename extension codec? It says to rename mp4 to m4a. I thought that the mp4 was just a wrapper and renamiming it to m4a would just allow ipod to play it.I certainly dont hear any sound quality issues but before i use it on 200cd's i want to be sure i dont have to redo later. To clarify when you use nero codec they are in an mp4 container, i dont want to convert again just make them playable on ipod which i thought rename extension codec was for.also nero dll has worked without flaw for 20 rips. i got the idea from using cdex in the past.You have to add it to get cdex to work.
        Last edited by LewisC3rd; March 21, 2005, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Apple iTunes will not load a file that is .mp4, it will load a .m4a - even though the files are identical.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LewisC3rd
            • Mar 2005

So i guess you are saying it wont affect anything using rename codec. It's a shame there is no option when using nero codec to make m4a's instead of mp4 so i wouldnt need the extra step. Also still using nero aspi dll with great results, built in limited wouldnt let me get names for cd's half the time. I know it may not work for everybody but if you have xp and cant rip properly putting "nero aspi" in db's program file is worth a try. Worst that could happen is it wont work and then you can just delete it.

Comment

• cjudge
              • May 2003

I agree. I wonder if this request has been made to Ahead.

Comment

Working...

]]>