title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to Rip CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesvh
    • Aug 2002

Unable to Rip CD

Good Day.

I have just downed the DMC program and tried to rip a track to test the program and I have run into a problem. I get an error message saying that either the ripping method is not correct or the drive I have does not support digitial audio extraction.

I have a Samsung CDRW/DVD Drive. Model SM-308B.

Can someone tell me if this drive does support digital audio extraction and if so then why am I having this problem.

In addition, I downloaded another ripping program to test and that program works fine.

Please advise.

Thanks.

James Van Horn
  • totalXSive
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Which operating system are we talking about here? There's more information in the Support section of the site.

Comment

• jamesvh
      • Aug 2002

Reply to request for OS

My OS is windows 2000 with SP2.

Comment

• totalXSive
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Okay, go to Start > Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Configuration > Audio CD Configuration and change "2000/NT DeviceIO" to "2000/NT Built-in".

Comment

• jamesvh
          • Aug 2002

That did it.

I made the change and it worked. What is the difference between the two methods of Device IO and 2000/NT Built-In? Why would the Device IO not work. Did I need to specify a different command set when I selected the Device IO? If so, what would that command set be?

Please advise and thanks for all of the help.

James

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If it is working then I wouldn't worry too much - you can try the other command sets if you want.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>