title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA ID tag editor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R2354
    • Mar 2005

WMA ID tag editor

Hi there: Newly registered user
    I used to be able to edit .wma tags from the context menu. Now, (since I regoed) I get: "support for the audio type might be contained at Codec central......."
    I have dowloaded every codec know to man in the db Power folder.
    The context menu for .mp3 works great, but I use .wma a lot.
    Can you help?
    Cheers, Robert
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: WMA ID tag editor

When you run the dMC Configuration program does it list the WMA codec as being installed?

Wayne

Comment

• R2354
      • Mar 2005

I only see .wma listed under "smart installed codec"; not under "installed input codecs". How do I get the wma codec installed?
      Cheers, Robert

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Visit Codec Central. See link at the top of the page. What you need to download depends on the versions of Windows and Windows Media Player installed on your PC.

Wayne

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

did it work R2354?

Comment

• R2354
            • Mar 2005

The wma codec is now listed after reinstalling it but neither the converter nor the tag editor for wma work. They both ask me to go to codec central and get the WMA codec.

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by R2354
              The wma codec is now listed after reinstalling it but neither the converter nor the tag editor for wma work. They both ask me to go to codec central and get the WMA codec.
              Is everything involving dMC and the codecs installed to the SAME folder? The default location (which is best to keep as such) is c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP .

You need the latest version of Windows Media Player installed as well (according to your OS). As was said before, installation of the .wma codecs is a 2-3 step process and it depends on your operating system. Windows 98 and Windows ME require special consideration.

The versions of .wma codecs available if you have Windows Media Player 10 (which also requires Windows XP) are different than for Windows Media Player 9.

Finally make sure the problem you have is NOT trying to decode .wma files which may be encrypted.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Also, if you installed WMA 9.1 in XP, it will still list regular WMA 9 under smart-install. If you see two selections for WMA, try selecting the one that is not greyed out.

Comment

• R2354
                  • Mar 2005

Is everything involving dMC and the codecs installed to the SAME folder? Yes, I have done a Search for db and found no other codec files.

The default location (which is best to keep as such) is c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP . YES

You need the latest version of Windows Media Player installed as well (according to your OS). I have WMplayer 10.

Finally make sure the problem you have is NOT trying to decode .wma files which may be encrypted. I converted these myseld so they should not be protected/encrypted

Also, if you installed WMA 9.1 in XP, it will still list regular WMA 9 under smart-install... don't know what this means.

What next... uninstall and start over?? Cheers & Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by R2354
                    You need the latest version of Windows Media Player installed as well (according to your OS). I have WMplayer 10.
                    Did you install the WMA 9.1 Codec? If you have WMP 10, this is the codec you should install.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

To make sure everything is ok try ripping a cd to wma with Audio CD Input, it should tag the wma files.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• R2354
                        • Mar 2005

No I get the same message: install WMA codec. For some reason, the WMA codec has not automatically installed altho' it appears in the installed list. What to do?

Comment

• neilthecellist
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2004

try this.

uninstall EVERYTHING relating to dMC. I mean EVERYTHING.

Then get the setup files for anything relating to dMC (the Converter itself and the WMA codecs) and install them. Instead of CHOOSING the folder to install, just open up all the files and click on "Next" really fast. This is to ensure that both the WMA codec and the dMC program are installed correctly to their default locations.

If that doesn't help, I'll abandon this thread and let someone else take over and help you.

Comment

• R2354
                            • Mar 2005

Works great, thanks. I must have mucked up the original codec download association.
                            Cheers.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2004

awesome. problem solved.

Reinstallation always work. Always click the Next button really fast.

Comment

Working...

]]>