title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with dMC/Auxiliary Input under Linux

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krubow
    • Aug 2002

Problem with dMC/Auxiliary Input under Linux

Recently I tried using dMC/Auxiliary input to record live audio under Linux using Wine. The software runs, but I get a tick-tick-tick sound in the background along with the music. The ticks are spaced exactly 100 ms apart.

I am using SuSE linux 9.1 with the latest version of Wine and dMC version 10. The computer is an IBM Thinkpad 240 laptop, 300MHz Celeron with 128M RAM. I am recording mono, sample rate 22050 Hz, converting to MP3 using LAME at 32 Kbit/second. The same laptop records perfectly using Windoze 98, but I was just trying to get rid of any and all Micro$oft software.

Anyone have any experience with Auxiliary Input under Linux/Wine? I'm thinking maybe I'm getting a buffer underrun when some periodic event happens in Linux. Is there any way to increase the buffer sizes in the LAME encoder and/or Auxiliary Input?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with dMC/Auxiliary Input under Linux

Try recording to wave, still have clicking? (me thinks the 300mhz celeron cannot record in realtime to mp3).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>