title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trying to convert .wma to mp3 or anything else

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattieman
    • Aug 2002

:headbang: I can't even get started. I am trying to convert .wma files to mp3s so I can use my Net MD software from Sony. For whatever reason, I cannot transfer .wma files to my portable MD recorder. I am trying to use your converter to make mp3 files. However, when I attempt to make the conversion, I get the following error

MusicConverter.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created

I don't get an error log and I can't even get off the ground to get started. I can't find any FAQ that seem to help.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
  • daren
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Hi,

Have you tried converting to WAV? do you get the same message?

Daren.

Comment

• mattieman
      • Aug 2002

Hey Daren.

Yep. I have tried all formats and I get the same error. Nothing lets me even get started. This looks like a great program and has gottne excellent reviews. I really would like to try it.

Matt

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

What OS are you on then?

If you're on 95, you'll need to head over to the Win 95 update page on this site and download and install a few things.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Hold the mouse over one of these WMA files - if on the info it shows it says 'IsProtected: Yes' then that is what is causing it not to convert, dMC will not do it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mattieman
            • Aug 2002

Hey gang. Thanks to everyone for their help. I ended up just downloading new files which I found in MP3 format.

I suppose one day I might just start buying CDs again...riiiiight.

Cheers

:yawn:

Comment

Working...

]]>