title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how to convert 24 bit to 16 bit cd quality

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockstar170
    • Feb 2005

how to convert 24 bit to 16 bit cd quality

i have 24 bit, 48 khz .wav files that i need to burn on a playable audio cd without losing a great deal of quality, but dMC won't let me convert it to cd quality (16bit, 44.1 khz). The conversion creates an error that reads, "The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Documents and Settings\AG\Desktop\newsong.wav.TEMP.wav' could not be opened." what do i do now???
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: how to convert 24 bit to 16 bit cd quality

Originally posted by rockstar170
    i have 24 bit, 48 khz .wav files that i need to burn on a playable audio cd without losing a great deal of quality, but dMC won't let me convert it to cd quality (16bit, 44.1 khz). The conversion creates an error that reads, "The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Documents and Settings\AG\Desktop\newsong.wav.TEMP.wav' could not be opened." what do i do now???
    Try converting first the bits to 16 in one conversion, then the frequency to 44.1KHz next. You are doing both of these conversions to another .wav file, right?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: how to convert 24 bit to 16 bit cd quality

Are you using dMC R11? it was tested for those sort of conversions, hold the mouse over one of those wave files and tell us what the information is on the file.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>