title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File size limit on m4a convert to mp3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sc1969
    • Feb 2005

File size limit on m4a convert to mp3?

I have two files that have been converted from m4p to m4a which then dbamp can convert to mp3 or other formats. I've done this numerous times with songs that have various sizes 3-8mb with no issues.

I downloaded an audiobook that has two parts - first file is 15mb, second is 32mb. I was able to convert the 15mb file, but it keeps failing on th 32 mb file - it begins the conversion process, but quickly jumps to 100% done, and produces a 2-3kb file.

I can't find a log file anywhere to get anymore information that might be helpful - any ideas on what's going on?

thanks in advance
  • sc1969
    • Feb 2005

Re: File size limit on m4a convert to mp3?

bump :o

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Try a test conversion on the 32MB file. It may be corrupted. Can it be played? The conversion from .mp4 to .m4a may not have actually worked.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by sc1969
        I have two files that have been converted from m4p to m4a which then dbamp can convert to mp3 or other formats. I've done this numerous times with songs that have various sizes 3-8mb with no issues.
        The latest m4p songs downloaded via iTunes cannot be unprotected just yet.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

So if that's the case , that leaves dMC Auxiliary Input as the alternative for the time being.

Comment

• ka81
            • Nov 2002

!!!

Comment

• sc1969
              • Feb 2005

i've unprotected both of the files - basically the book is a part 1 & 2. The the part 1 = 32mb, part 2 = 15mb. I was able to convert the 15mb file with no problems...

I've unprotected the problem file in question 3+ times, and tried to convert with no success - the file does play fine protected/unprotected (as m4p and m4a). I can also see the mouseover summary data dbPowerAmp supplies on supported files, in this case the 32mb m4a file.

So unless i'm missing something, it looks like db is having a problem with the size of the file?.. it's the only difference from other files i've converted previously

Also, the test conversion has the same behavior - goes from 1-3% immediately to 100%

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Look at posts 4 & 5above. If a test conversion does not work, then the file is not unprotected.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Or try another program to play it, to make sure it is ok.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>