title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

new user questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamiecrane
    • Feb 2005

new user questions

Hi, I'm a new user.
    I just wanted to find out what codecs I should download ( or at least will probably need ).
    I have used all of the usual media players: windows media player, itunes, real, musicmatch, quicktime, and media player classic.
    any advice is appreciated.
    thanks.
    - jamie
    p.s. i don't know if this also helps in making suggestions as to what codecs to use, but i have a creative nomad muvo mp3 player, and would.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: new user questions

For starters you have what's needed for .wav, .cda, and.mp3 from the PowerPack (if unregistered, the .mp3 encoding codec will not be usable after the trial period is over). Download other codecs as you need them to convert various other file types as you encounter them. No point in downloading everything from the start.

For your portable player you will therefore need .mp3 support, so you should register the Powerpack.

The portable player may also support other file types like .wma which you may want to use, so you may want to download and isntall everything to do with .wma .
    Last edited by ChristinaS; February 06, 2005, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Jamie,
      Check your player manual. I think yours also plays WMA files.

Comment

• jamiecrane
        • Feb 2005

Thanks everyone. "When" I have the money to spare, I'll upgrade to the registered versions.
        I see that dbpoweramp now has a burner program too, I'd love to try it out. I am so frustrated with the burners in roxio, windows media player, etc... . I'd like to keep it simple, and uncomplicated, etc... .
        Thanks again.
        - Jamie

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jamiecrane
          Thanks everyone. "When" I have the money to spare, I'll upgrade to the registered versions.
          I see that dbpoweramp now has a burner program too, I'd love to try it out. I am so frustrated with the burners in roxio, windows media player, etc... . I'd like to keep it simple, and uncomplicated, etc... .
          Thanks again.
          - Jamie

ew, roxio? ew, windows media player? Where are you man? Move onto Nero and dBpowerAMP's CD burner!!

There are also burning programs out there at http://www.download.com Check out DropToCd

Comment

• jamiecrane
            • Feb 2005

LOL. Thanks. I would definitely like upgrade to a better program, when my finances permit me.
            - Jamie

Comment

Working...

]]>