title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio input/CD Grabber not working with external CDRW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Siani
    • Feb 2005

Audio input/CD Grabber not working with external CDRW

Hi,

When I used an internal cd writer, as long as I was connected to the internet, I was able to grab all the CD info for the music cd I was about to rip. I replaced my internal cdrw with an external USB cdrw when the internal drive failed, and now I cannot connect to that information at all, and have to manually enter all track info. I've looked but cannot find any way to make the program recognize the external drive for this purpose, even though it will happily rip tracks from it. Is there any way I can rectify this?

I'm still using Windows 98 SE at the moment, although not for much longer.
    Last edited by Siani; February 01, 2005, 11:35 PM. Reason: Need to add extra info
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Audio input/CD Grabber not working with external CDRW

Originally posted by Siani
    Hi,

When I used an internal cd writer, as long as I was connected to the internet, I was able to grab all the CD info for the music cd I was about to rip. I replaced my internal cdrw with an external USB cdrw when the internal drive failed, and now I cannot connect to that information at all, and have to manually enter all track info. I've looked but cannot find any way to make the program recognize the external drive for this purpose, even though it will happily rip tracks from it. Is there any way I can rectify this?

I'm still using Windows 98 SE at the moment, although not for much longer.
    Did you check under options and change the CD drive CD Input reads from?

Comment

Working...

]]>