title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why is dbpoweramp cutting off ID3 tags!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolerthanice1
    • Jan 2005

Why is dbpoweramp cutting off ID3 tags!?!

I have been using the features "Tag From Filename" and "Update ID Tags" but when I do this, it cuts off the names on the ID3 tags. It seems to have a maximum length that it will put in the tags, but when I edit the tags using windows properties, Im allowed to finish the names without a problem. This really bothers me since I just "updated ID tags" on my 10,000 song library and now a large percentage have cut off ID tags. :vmad: any suggestions??
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Why is dbpoweramp cutting off ID3 tags!?!

See if you make any sense of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id3

It seems that ID3V2 tags are not limited the way ID3V1 are.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is likely that dMC has written ID3v1 + APE 2 tags, your audio programs might be old and cannot read the APE2 tags so only the smaller id3v1 tag. If this is so (hold the mouse over an affected audio file, can you see the full id tag?)

To correct this (assuming it is that) set dMC to write id3v1 + id3v2 tags and use the tag updated codec again.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Originally posted by coolerthanice1
        This really bothers me since I just "updated ID tags" on my 10,000 song library and now a large percentage have cut off ID tags.
        When you edit your tags in windows, do you do it in Simple or Advanced? If its Advanced, that's ID3v2. Also, windows cannot read APE2 tags. Try setting your tagging options to ID3v2/ID3v1 and tagging them again.

Comment

Working...

]]>