title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.wma files: encoded can't convert?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • missarrow
    • Jan 2005

.wma files: encoded can't convert?

I downloaded all the codecs I thought I needed to convert wma's to mp3, but I still get a '[filename.wma]is encoded and dbpoweramp can't convert' error message.

I'm the owner and administrator of everything on my PC, is there a way to fix this error? I'm just trying to convert CDs I've ripped onto my PC into mp3 files so I can play them on my mp3 player in my house.

Thanks ahead of time.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: .wma files: encoded can't convert?

Originally posted by missarrow
    I downloaded all the codecs I thought I needed to convert wma's to mp3, but I still get a '[filename.wma]is encoded and dbpoweramp can't convert' error message.

I'm the owner and administrator of everything on my PC, is there a way to fix this error? I'm just trying to convert CDs I've ripped onto my PC into mp3 files so I can play them on my mp3 player in my house.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Did you initially rip from audio cd to .wma in Windows Media Player and forgot to remove the copy protect option? That seems to be the default setting in WMP when copying music from a cd. Easily modified and it stays so after that, but you must do this before you rip. Once a .wma file is created protected it's very difficult to unprotect it, as you need umpteen programs and steps. .

You should re-rip them again either by WMP but get rid of that checkmark fro copy protection, or by using dMC Audio CD Input (part of your dBpowerAMP Music Converter download).

Comment

Working...

]]>