title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

After rebooting (for infinite # of times), dMC's file popup thingy disappears

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

After rebooting (for infinite # of times), dMC's file popup thingy disappears

Problem: I noticed this one thing. I booted up Windows XP Professional and when I highlighted any audio file (.ogg, .mp3, .wav, .ape) the file explorer popup info thingy didn't pop up. I had to go under dMC's Configuration to uncheck the "Popup Info Tips in Explorer" and recheck it... and then click OK......

I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 with all latest updates installed......
    I have AVG Anti-Virus installed..... with the Resident Shield running in the background.....
    I have dMC Stable Release version 11.1 or whatever........something like that.....
    I reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows every 30 days to get by the 30 day mp3 licence (Please don't get mad at me Spoon, I promise I'll register when I turn 16! )

how do I get dMC to popup the music file info without having to go under dMC Configuration every time I boot up Windows XP Professional?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: After rebooting (for infinite # of times), dMC's file popup thingy disappears

Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options >View > Show pop-up description for folder and destop items and then set all fodler as the current folder.

Together with the dMC Configuration pops-up info tips in Windows Explorer setting it should work and stay put. Otherwise maybe somehting keeps on resetting things for you.

Got any sort of pop-up blocker?

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Re: After rebooting (for infinite # of times), dMC's file popup thingy disappears

Did you try a left-click in a blank area before hovering over the file?

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
        Did you try a left-click in a blank area before hovering over the file?
        yes

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

or look for

* Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
          CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
          * Value Type: DWORD
          * Value Name: ShowInfoTip
          * Value Data: 0

if you see a 0 then double click and change the values to 1

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

thanks Razgo.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

it worked? that solved the problem?

Comment

• neilthecellist
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2004

actually, i just went under regedit and ......it was already at 1... poo.

Comment

Working...

]]>