title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Peter777

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter777
    • Jan 2005

Peter777

I have tried to find forum issues regarding the message recieved 'codec required to decompress could not be opened'. I have a registered copy of the program and have downloaded codecs from CODEC central. All I want to do is to decompress an MP3 lame file but I cannot get passed first base. Surely something is wrong but I cannot see the problem. Help please.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Peter777

Can you play the mp3 file in another media player?
    When you check your dMC Configuration (Start Menu --> Programs --> dbPowerAmp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration) does it show anything for mp3 under "Decompress"?

Comment

• Peter777
      • Jan 2005

I have checked dmp for decompression as suggested and there are none. Last evening I tested every codec option that I might need and each one gave the same response. I do not understand what is wrong since before upgrading I never had a problem with this.
      Does the program have an issue with XP(sp2)?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

So you do NOT have a mp3 decompression codec installed? Sounds like you need to reinstall dMC. To do this, start with any codecs for dbPowerAmp, then uninstall dMC. Reboot, then reinstall dMC and the codecs.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

I'd make sure to be signed into that system as an adminstrator both for removing the programs and for installing new ones.

Comment

• Peter777
            • Jan 2005

Thank you for both of your responses. I am administrator so all ok there. I have uninstalled and even run a registry clean to cleanse all. Re loaded and nothing has changed, dbpower amp does not wish to cooperate and keeps on giving the same message regardless of what you ask it to do regarding file chnages and file types.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try ripping a CD to an mp3 file, then try to convert that mp3 file you have created, that would rule out a duff mp3 file.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Peter777
                Does the program have an issue with XP(sp2)?

no.

Comment

• Peter777
                  • Jan 2005

Hope your homework went better than my power amp. Have effectively given up on the problem and closed the program down again. I can only hope, when I have more time to look at the program in depth, that light will shine or out of the earth life will come forth.
                  Thank you all for your help.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2004

what version of dmc is this?

Comment

Working...

]]>