title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Losing album art converting MP3/WMA to M4A

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Anstett
    • Nov 2003

Losing album art converting MP3/WMA to M4A

Spoon I want to say Music Converter and Sveta are awesome.

I use it all the time with my 30 gig 2nd gen ipod. I just upgraded to a 60 gig iPod Photo and it's time to reconvert my whole collection, which is a mix of MP3 and WMA.

A good chunk of these have embedded album art (big reason why I wanted the iPod photo aside from the capacity). But when I convert them to M4A the album art is lost.

I am using the latest (non-beta), just downloaded it, and I'm using FAAC to encode (and changed the config to spit out M4a files). Are there any tricks to getting the album art to transfer over? If not, can I strongly recommend it in the future?

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. The last time I converted my collection there were a number of files that didn't convert right. Would you like me to send these odd files to you if it fails this time around?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Losing album art converting MP3/WMA to M4A

Album art is not standard across formats, it is very specific to player rather than audio type, that is why dbpoweramp will drop the artwork.

About the problem files, it is likely it is faac that is crashing, try converting one problem file to wave then use faac.exe to compress see if it crashes (BTW getting someone to fix a bug in faac is tough, I have emailed developers, they are not interested).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>