title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multiple CDROM extraction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jschimmoeller
    • Jan 2005

Multiple CDROM extraction

I have been looking for an API or SDK that will allow me to rip CDA audio CD from multiple CD drives at the same time. I am using windows NT 2000 and a Rimage Protege II connected via FireWire.

I have looked at NCTSOFT.com activeX control however you can only RIP one drive at a time (SEE Explaination Below) and I have looked at others with no luck.

----- NCTSoft explaination -----------------------------------
    QUESTION: I need to have multiple AudioCDGrabber control is this possible?

Unfortunately it is not possible.

ASPI interface for Win98/ME and SCSI Pass Through interface for WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP are used by NCTAudioCDGrabber to access to CD drives. It is native SCSI/ATAPI/ATA interface for NT-based systems. All applications (CD Crabbers and CD Burners), which work with CD drives under NT-based systems, use the same interface.

The SCSI Pass Through interface has the following restrictions:
    1. The only one user at the same time can use this interface.
    2. To transfer data via this interface an application, that use it, has to be run under administrator's rights.

Here is a restriction from Microsoft's documentation about SCSI Pass Through interface (no.: Q241374): Starting with Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 and beyond (including Windows 2000), there are new access requirements for SCSI (small computer system interface) Pass Through requests. For SCSI pass through requests, both GENERIC_READ and GENERIC_WRITE access must be specified in the dwDesiredAccess parameter of the CreateFile call.

If both read and write access are not specified, the DeviceIoControl call will fail with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED (5L).

Note that only members of the administrator's group have the correct authority to send SCSI pass through requests. Users without administrator authority typically fail either CreateFile or DeviceIoControl with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED (5L).
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Will dMC through scripting in VS (C#) allow this?

Thanks
    Jim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multiple CDROM extraction

It can if you use scripting (ie add a file D:\Track01.cda) but freedb/cddb will not work.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>