title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 to aac crash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMY1983
    • Jan 2005

mp3 to aac crash

I was converting an mp3 to aac with fastenc just as a test since I had never done it before and it crashed less than halfway in and gave me a message saying "cannot use encoder fastenc" or something to that effect. Anyone else get this?
  • JMY1983
    • Jan 2005

Re: mp3 to aac crash

I just downloaded the other file that is in the mp4 section, the one that says to install it over the old one. How do I do that exactly?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You are best using FAAC.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bouncingmolar
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JMY1983
        I was converting an mp3 to aac with fastenc just as a test since I had never done it before and it crashed less than halfway in and gave me a message saying "cannot use encoder fastenc" or something to that effect. Anyone else get this?
        Load the program (by trying to convert a sound) and push the "Locate Encoder" button

then select from the directory ...dBpowerAMP\Compression\Advanced Audio Coding (CLI)\faac.exe

I think the problem is that your program is linked to fastenc.exe instead of faac.exe, fastenc probably doesn't exist anymore with the new version of the aac converter

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Actually, it looks like the new mp4/aac codecs want you to uninstall all of your current mp4/aac codecs and then install the new ones. To uninstall codecs, go to Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs, select the codec, and uninstall it.

Comment

Working...

]]>