title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error message installing MP4/AAC converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmac18
    • Jan 2005

Error message installing MP4/AAC converter

Everytime I try and install the mp4/aac decode codec, I get an error message saying it installation could not be completed. Then when I click 'ok', a window opens that says the installation is complete, but to review the actions listed in the window...which is an 'x' in a box next to 'Run Program', and then 'View Help'.......
    anyone?
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Re: Error message installing MP4/AAC converter

Originally posted by jmac18
    Everytime I try and install the mp4/aac decode codec, I get an error message saying it installation could not be completed. Then when I click 'ok', a window opens that says the installation is complete, but to review the actions listed in the window...which is an 'x' in a box next to 'Run Program', and then 'View Help'.......
    anyone?
    In spite of the error messages, can you use the codecs (encode and decode)? If you can, they have installed properly. You can also check to see whether they are listed in Control Panel>Add/Remove programs list.
    Arnie

Comment

• jmac18
      • Jan 2005

nah...i don't see them anywhere. In the control panel, the 'size' field is blank. The dbpoweramp folder that was created on my hard drive does contain the 'Help', 'Multiplayer' and Version' folders, but there's no musicConverter.exe

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

it might pay to reinstall dmc as the "MusicConverter.exe" should be in your dbpowerapm folder.

Comment

• adaywayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
          it might pay to reinstall dmc as the "MusicConverter.exe" should be in your dbpowerapm folder.
          I agree, but as Christina is always reminding us, it's a good idea to uninstall all dBPA programs (including codecs first) using the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows control Panel. Then do a normal search for poweramp or converter and manually deletete any leftover files from the dBPA programs (if you want to remove any registry entries that the uninstall programs overlooked go ahead and delete them from the registry), but back-up the registry first and then be very careful that you are deleting the correct entries. If not sure, leave then there....they are harmless.

Now reboot and then re-install all the dBPA programs and codecs, then reboot again.
          Arnie

Comment

• jmac18
            • Jan 2005

ok....thanks guys. thank god for the forums.....

Comment

Working...

]]>