title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 Converting Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falcon247

• Jan 2005

MP3 Converting Problem

Whenever I try to change an MP3 bit rate I get this message:

Unable to access 'C:\(file name), possibly media player has this file open, read support FAQ

Could this be because of Norton Anti Virus or is it something else?

Thanks
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: MP3 Converting Problem

Originally posted by falcon247
    Whenever I try to change an MP3 bit rate I get this message:

Unable to access 'C:\(file name), possibly media player has this file open, read support FAQ

Could this be because of Norton Anti Virus or is it something else?

Thanks
    Are you trying to save the output file under the same name and to the same folder as the original? Or perhaps to delete the original after the conversion?

Comment

• BMA

• Jan 2005

I have another problem when trying to convert m4a's to mp3's. I get the following message from Windows: "MusicConverter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." :cry: Then they ask me if I want to send a report (as if it will help). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Dec 2004

what release do you have? the latest one?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by BMA
          I have another problem when trying to convert m4a's to mp3's. I get the following message from Windows: "MusicConverter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." :cry: Then they ask me if I want to send a report (as if it will help). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          There's a chance your .m4a file is protected. Please refer to the FAQ on converting iTunes files.

Of course you should also make sure you have the decoder codec from Codec Central for this: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...aac-decode.exe .

Comment

Working...

]]>