title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping FRm CDs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Ripping FRm CDs

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Re the recently closed thread, for my edification can someone tell me how one rips using the Converter only (i.e., without using the Audio CD Input feature).
    I must be a bit slow today....or lazy.
    Arnie[/COLOR]
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Ripping FRm CDs

Originally posted by adaywayne
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]Re the recently closed thread, for my edification can someone tell me how one rips using the Converter only (i.e., without using the Audio CD Input feature).
    I must be a bit slow today....or lazy.
    Arnie[/COLOR]
    Your cd in the cd drive is like any other folder on your hard drive.
    So you open WIndows Explorer, navigate to the cd drive, click on it, and select the tracks you see listed, right click, Convert to and that starts dMC. of course the file names will simply be Track01.... but you can change that with the Rename files button or later, after the conversion. There will not be any of the tag information that you'd get from dMC Audio CD Input and the freedb database. Also you can't use the cd drive as a dstination folder for your output, nor can you use the option to delete source file after conversion (you shouldn't anyway, biggest mistake people make most of the time).

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      Your cd in the cd drive is like any other folder on your hard drive.
      So you open WIndows Explorer, navigate to the cd drive, click on it, and select the tracks you see listed, right click, Convert to and that starts dMC. of course the file names will simply be Track01.... but you can change that with the Rename files button or later, after the conversion. There will not be any of the tag information that you'd get from dMC Audio CD Input and the freedb database. Also you can't use the cd drive as a dstination folder for your output, nor can you use the option to delete source file after conversion (you shouldn't anyway, biggest mistake people make most of the time).
      Hmmm.... that's what I thought, but it doesn't work for me. I follow your steps and select "converted music" for the destination file, but when I click on "Convert", I get the error messgage, "The file 'D:\Track01.cda' could not be opened. Track 1 not found on CD Disc."
      Arnie

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Dec 2004

try using the Trial Version (or if you own it) alcohol 120% from http://www.alcohol-soft.com . Make a CD image of it, mount it to a virtual drive, and see if you can rip it from there. Hope this helps Arnie.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
          Hmmm.... that's what I thought, but it doesn't work for me. I follow your steps and select "converted music" for the destination file, but when I click on "Convert", I get the error messgage, "The file 'D:\Track01.cda' could not be opened. Track 1 not found on CD Disc."
          Arnie
          Can you play the cd?

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Dec 2004

lol, wait, are you using the dMC Audio CD Input thingy or are you using dMC Music Converter itself to convert?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
              lol, wait, are you using the dMC Audio CD Input thingy or are you using dMC Music Converter itself to convert?
              He's using dMC itself to see if it will work.

Comment

• adaywayne
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by LtData
                He's using dMC itself to see if it will work.
                Thanks LtData. It helps to read the label on the bottle , doesn't it? And to answer Christina's question, yes, I can play the CD and rip it with Cdex and/or with Audio CD Input.
                Arnie

Comment

Working...

]]>