title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris C.
    • Dec 2004

Unable to rip

undefined[SIZE=5]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=Sienna]undefined[/COLOR]
    I am unable to rip from discs in my tray with the latest dMC Audio CD Input. I was able to rip the same discs with the older version. Now all I get is a window telling me the program can't open the disc. I'm running Windows XP.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Unable to rip

Originally posted by Chris C.
    undefined[SIZE=5]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=Sienna]undefined[/COLOR]
    I am unable to rip from discs in my tray with the latest dMC Audio CD Input. I was able to rip the same discs with the older version. Now all I get is a window telling me the program can't open the disc. I'm running Windows XP.
    Explore all the options and see what you've missed in the setup. Click on the Options button and look at CD Drive (is it the right one?), Advaced settings for Cd Drive (what's the CD Communication? try changing to something else).

Click on the down arrow next to Options > Standard CD Player Emulation. Toggle the setting for Table of Contents detection.

Finally, can you rip individual tracks from the CD using dMC and Windows Explorer on the CD drive?

Comment

• Chris C.
      • Dec 2004

ChristinaS,

How do I know if CD drive is correct one? What other CD communication choices do I have? No, I cannot rip individual tracks. Heck, I can't rip anything with this new program.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

ChristinaS,

How do I know if CD drive is correct one? What other CD communication choices do I have? No, I cannot rip individual tracks. Heck, I can't rip anything with this new program.
        When you start dMC Audio CD Input, what does it say for Cd Drive when you click on the Options button? Does that correspond to the CD drive you are using? How many cd or dvd drives do you have on your PC?

Does your CD drive actually work, separately from dBpowerAMP programs?

If you put a cd in that drive and go into Windows Explorer, do you see the drive? If you see the drive and click on it, do you see the contents of the CD? For an audio cd you'd see a list of tracks given as Track01.cda .... , for any other cd it would look like any other folder on the computer. If you can't see your drive or the contents of the cd there's something major wrong with your computer, and you'll have to fix that before worrying about dBpowerAMP.

Comment

• Chris C.
          • Dec 2004

When I put a disc in the only drive I have, it shows as drive D. When I pull up my Windows Media Player, it lists all tracks and will play them. But when I try to rip to drive D, I get a window telling me it can't open them.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

When I put a disc in the only drive I have, it shows as drive D. When I pull up my Windows Media Player, it lists all tracks and will play them. But when I try to rip to drive D, I get a window telling me it can't open them.
            This may be just a typo on your part but you don't rip TO drive D, rather FROM dive D.

So just follow the steps I gave before. Start dMC Audio CD Input and click Options and check the CD Drive listed there and then click Advanced (you may have to click twice to get ti to open up in detail). It may show ASPI for CD Communication - click on the field and you get extra options to select from.Try another one, that's all.

Comment

• Chris C.
              • Dec 2004

No typo here on this end. Mainly ignorance! I'm just learning about computers and am pretty green! Hadn't used a computer until a year ago and have had to learn by trial and error..............mostly error. I didn't grow up in the computer age, so this is all new to me. (my first computer was a slide-rule!)

When I select advanced, CD Communication shows 2000/NT Device 10. The only other choice is 2000/NT Built-in (limited)..........both of which mean exactly nothing to me. I've tried both with no change.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

No typo here on this end. Mainly ignorance! I'm just learning about computers and am pretty green! Hadn't used a computer until a year ago and have had to learn by trial and error..............mostly error. I didn't grow up in the computer age, so this is all new to me. (my first computer was a slide-rule!)

When I select advanced, CD Communication shows 2000/NT Device 10. The only other choice is 2000/NT Built-in (limited)..........both of which mean exactly nothing to me. I've tried both with no change.
                Well, if neither of these 2 works am I to assume that the third one: ASPI is what you originally had and it doesn't work either? I'd think all 3 choice should show up. It depends on the type of cd rom drive you have, really, and the operating systems you have. With XP I'd think one of those 2 should be OK.

How about the table of contents detection?

Comment

• Chris C.
                  • Dec 2004

What is ASPI? I can't find any reference to it. And where, in God's name do I find a table of contents?

Comment

Working...

]]>