title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Suddenly dbpower9 acting weird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artzygal
    • Dec 2004

Suddenly dbpower9 acting weird

I've never had a problem with right clicking on one or more .mps to convery and suddenly I can only convert mp3s via right click that have 6 or more mp3s highlighted. Anything less and it just won't open, which means I have to go to the actualy dbpoweramp program and convert that way which is a PITA. This just started happening last week and I've had this for years!

I re-loaded dbpa and all the cidecs, but it didn't help.
    Last edited by artzygal; December 30, 2004, 05:19 PM.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Suddenly dbpower9 acting weird

well if it was me i would do a registry clean out as posted here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...44&postcount=1

others may have other solutions.

Comment

• artzygal
      • Dec 2004

thank you!

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

so it all worked ok? back to normal?

Comment

• adaywayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
          well if it was me i would do a registry clean out as posted here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...44&postcount=1

others may have other solutions.

I think it would be safer using the Control Panel>Add/ Remove Programs feature than editing the registry manually. Just my opinion!

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

yes that's true , however it depends on the situation. as sometimes uninstall just doesn't uninstall everything. and the only way to be certain that everything is cleared and you have a fresh copy of dap/dmc is to remove and or check that it is all gone from the registry. you really can't go wrong by deleting that folder in the registry, as it won't effect anything else.

Comment

• adaywayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
              yes that's true , however it depends on the situation. as sometimes uninstall just doesn't uninstall everything. and the only way to be certain that everything is cleared and you have a fresh copy of dap/dmc is to remove and or check that it is all gone from the registry. you really can't go wrong by deleting that folder in the registry, as it won't effect anything else.
              [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]True, but definitely back-up the registry and create a Windows restore point first. One little wrong click can cause a disaster! Personally I use the Add/Remove feature first, and then do a search for leftover files. Finally I look in the registry or use a reliable registry cleaner. I've made too many mistakes since I got my first computer (a Commodore 64...LOL!)
              Arnie[/COLOR]

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

And just what's a "reliable" registry cleaner? I installed one of them and it insisted on removing perfectly legitimate stuff, after lsiting a gazillion entries I could not recognize. The fact that good ones were also listed (I checekd they were good, as there were nu duplicates of those) made me suspicious of that program.

Comment

• Tomb
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2003

Try this one.

Comment

• adaywayne
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Tomb
                    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Yes, I have used that free one and never had any problems. I now use

The number one award winning Registry Repair Utility speeds up all Windows PC's making them more reliable and less prone to lockups and crashes. Repair your Windows Registry and File System now!

because it has more settings options. I have had absolutely no problems with it but I still create a Windows resstore point before I run it.
                    Arnie[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...

]]>