title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 (with Lyrics & BIO) to OGG Problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logrunner
    • Dec 2004

MP3 (with Lyrics & BIO) to OGG Problem?

I am having problems converting a MP3 file that has Lyrics and Biography details included in it to OGG (using CLI version).
    The conversion seems to proceed then stops with an encode error and the window shows some of the biography info. It then crashes and Dr.Watson then crashes also - I end up with an output file 0 bytes long :-(

I am assuming this problem is related to the Biography and/or lyrics included in the MP3 as other files without this info convert OK but of course it might just be a 'red herring'?

Any suggestions/help appreciated.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: MP3 (with Lyrics & BIO) to OGG Problem?

Originally posted by logrunner
    I am having problems converting a MP3 file that has Lyrics and Biography details included in it to OGG (using CLI version).
    The conversion seems to proceed then stops with an encode error and the window shows some of the biography info. It then crashes and Dr.Watson then crashes also - I end up with an output file 0 bytes long :-(

I am assuming this problem is related to the Biography and/or lyrics included in the MP3 as other files without this info convert OK but of course it might just be a 'red herring'?

Any suggestions/help appreciated.
    Aren't the lyrics included in a special tag field? You get to see them with a spacial WInamp plugin, right?

Can you convert that .mp3 file to other formats like .wav or .wma?

Comment

• logrunner
      • Dec 2004

Well I could but it would make the process somewhat longer - I was hoping to do it in one hit but I guess if it crashes doing it the longer way as you suggest will be quicker ;-)

Hopefully, I can get a resolution to the crash.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by logrunner
        Well I could but it would make the process somewhat longer - I was hoping to do it in one hit but I guess if it crashes doing it the longer way as you suggest will be quicker ;-)

Hopefully, I can get a resolution to the crash.
        No, what I meant was whether you could convert to other things. Did you try a Test Conversion? This is just so you see if the .mp3 is readable by dMC in the first place.

I doubt that the special tag with lyrics and bio would be preserved in any case.

If you can do a test conversion, perhaps you should take a look at the specs of the file you want to create. Are you trying to raise the bits, the frequency and the bitrate all at once? That will probably fail, even if you have Professional Frequency enabled.

Comment

Working...

]]>