title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

0% Complete?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustVisiting
    • Dec 2004

0% Complete?

I hope that I just didn't search the forums well enough to get this answered.
    I have a LOT of old video game music that I found and like listening to in WinAmp. I'd like to burn it to a CD, but a good portion of it is in .MOD format. I downloaded the codec to read .MOD files but I get a rather peculiar bug every time I try to convert ANYTHING to wav or mp3:

All settings will be fine, but when you hit the convert button all that happens is the window pops up and starts counting. The % Complete bar doesn't fill at all and is stuck at 0%. But, if I cancel the process after as little as 30sec I still have a file readable in WinAmp but anywhere from 2x to 50x longer than the original (the longer I leave the counter run, the more time gets stacked onto the file) Any ideas?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: 0% Complete?

Originally posted by JustVisiting
    I hope that I just didn't search the forums well enough to get this answered.
    I have a LOT of old video game music that I found and like listening to in WinAmp. I'd like to burn it to a CD, but a good portion of it is in .MOD format. I downloaded the codec to read .MOD files but I get a rather peculiar bug every time I try to convert ANYTHING to wav or mp3:

All settings will be fine, but when you hit the convert button all that happens is the window pops up and starts counting. The % Complete bar doesn't fill at all and is stuck at 0%. But, if I cancel the process after as little as 30sec I still have a file readable in WinAmp but anywhere from 2x to 50x longer than the original (the longer I leave the counter run, the more time gets stacked onto the file) Any ideas?
    My guess is that this conversion takes palce in real time, in a manner similar to when Real media is converted. No progress will be shown until the conversion is done, so give it enough time.

Comment

• JustVisiting
      • Dec 2004

Thats what I thought, too.
      I let it run all night and when I woke up in the morning nine hours had passed...and I had a 9 GIG mp3 that played one note for less than a second in WinAmp :confused:

Comment

• adaywayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2004

I let it run all night and when I woke up in the morning nine hours had passed...and I had a 9 GIG mp3 that played one note for less than a second in WinAmp :confused:

But I'm sure it was a pleasant note! LOL.
        Arnie

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Oops! LOL!

Obviously this doesn't work then. :D You'd better delete that 9GB file asap.

Did you also say that after you downloaded the codec for.mod files nothing could be converted to .wav or .mp3 any longer? I thought at first this was only for .mod files.

I'd say uninstall, from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs, everything about dMC: converter and all codecs and install carefully from the beginnig. Leave that .mod codec for last and make sure everything ekse works properly.

Now the thing about MOD files - they are sort of like midi files. But (from Google) there may be more than one way they are contructed, so I wonder if the codec you get at Codec Central is the right one for your files. Was that the ProTrack codec? Without installing the codec, can you play those files independently in any player?

I found this: http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDM...onversion.html - don't know what if anything you can do with it.

Comment

• JustVisiting
            • Dec 2004

THANKS CHRISTINA!

The CDMaster program worked perfectly. And I'm not really sure if it was just .MOD files or all files with dMC. I only wanted to convert the .MOD files as all the other formats are readable with in Nero Burning Rom. Yay! One nostalgic CD, coming up!

For the interested game themes included in the list are:

Crusader - menu themes from both No Remorse and No Regret
            Jazz Jackrabbit - theme from 1 and 2 and a couple of level themes
            Oxide - menu theme
            One Must Fall 2039 - menu theme

Too bad most of these don't run on XP :(

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

THANKS CHRISTINA!

The CDMaster program worked perfectly. And I'm not really sure if it was just .MOD files or all files with dMC. I only wanted to convert the .MOD files as all the other formats are readable with in Nero Burning Rom. Yay! One nostalgic CD, coming up!

For the interested game themes included in the list are:

Crusader - menu themes from both No Remorse and No Regret
              Jazz Jackrabbit - theme from 1 and 2 and a couple of level themes
              Oxide - menu theme
              One Must Fall 2039 - menu theme

Too bad most of these don't run on XP :(
              LOL! I'm glad it helped. I just happened onto that site for CDMaster, never tested it.

You shoudl try dMC for other file types and see if it works.

Comment

Working...

]]>