title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting RealSystem Media to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Behr
    • Dec 2004

Converting RealSystem Media to MP3

I recently purchased an iPod and am trying to transfer my sons music library, but almost all the files are Type - RealMedia System and there is no associated extension that I can find. I downloaded the Real Audio codecs, but still cannot see these files when I launch the DB music converter. What can I do to access or convert these files? Appreciate any help.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Converting RealSystem Media to MP3

Originally posted by John Behr
    I recently purchased an iPod and am trying to transfer my sons music library, but almost all the files are Type - RealMedia System and there is no associated extension that I can find. I downloaded the Real Audio codecs, but still cannot see these files when I launch the DB music converter. What can I do to access or convert these files? Appreciate any help.
    What's the extension for those files? Enable viewing extensions as per http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Take one of these files, rename it with the extension .rm and try to convert it by itself. If itworks, do the same for all the files you have.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; December 26, 2004, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• John Behr
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      What's the extension for those files? Enable viewing extensions as per http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Take one of these files, rename it with the extension .rm and try to convert it by itself. If itworks, do the same for all the files you have.
      First, thanks for the quick response. The extension is rmj and I have changed one to rm. I can see it now and will try to convert it to an MP3. Thanks again.

Comment

• John Behr
        • Dec 2004

I tried to convert the .rm file to an Mp3 (Lame) and got the following error: The CODEC required to decompress 'C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopDavids MP3 - Intro.rm' could not be opened. Any ideas what I need to do next?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by John Behr
          I tried to convert the .rm file to an Mp3 (Lame) and got the following error: The CODEC required to decompress 'C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopDavids MP3 - Intro.rm' could not be opened. Any ideas what I need to do next?

Can the file be played in Real Player? What are the specs? File > Clip Properties > Clip Source

Can you do a test conversion in dMC?

What specs did you select for the mp3 to convert to?

Comment

Working...

]]>