title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bug with RealPlayer Codes for dBpowerAMP Music Converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garyray
    • Dec 2004

Bug with RealPlayer Codes for dBpowerAMP Music Converter

WARNING NOTES:IMPORTANT YOU MUST READ: About RealPlayer Codecs for dBpowerAMP

A BUG in these codecs causes WINDOWS XP's Volume control for ( WAVE ); not the Main Volume Control to be set to zero every time a RealPlayer .RA or .RAM file is played; ( Playing any other file format doesn’t do this ).
    Forcing you to manually reset the WAVE volume every time you play a RealPlayer file.

This may be because I use RealPlayer Alternative but I don't think so because any program I use to play ( .Ram or .Ra ) Files does the same thing.

Can anyone help as I had to uninstalled the codecs and do a System Restore so I could get rid of the problem!

Contact Me At: garyray@spymac.com

Note: Sadly when installed they convert the RealPlayer files perfectly.

BELOW are the Codes File Names!
    dBpowerAMP-codec-ra.exe
    dbpoweramp-encoder-ra.exe[/FONT]
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Bug with RealPlayer Codes for dBpowerAMP Music Converter

Can anybody else confirm this? I don't encode/decode real media files myself.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

This most defintely does NOT happen in Windows 2000 Pro. I've not verified with XP yet.

Comment

• Tomb
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2003

I tested using XP Home with SP2. I also use Real Alternative but also played them back in Jet Audio and can safely say this "bug" does not cause the problems described on my system.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

There's been a reference to something happening to the volume control in general when using dAP. Didn't think it was just for Real Media though.

Comment

Working...

]]>