title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxilliary Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Auxilliary Input

I usually use another program for recording "What-You-Hear" (such as streaming audio or re-recording some existing files as a test). I thought I would try DMC AI but I seem to be doing something wrong. I am trying to record a wave file to wave as I play the file. I have done the "Test Recording Level" and that works OK. I then set the input to "What-U-Hear". For "Record Using" I have tried Default and all other options (except Modem)

I then hit the Record button and start playing the file. The VU Meter shows audio signal coming in at the proper level, but the "Converting Window", counts off the seconds elapsed but percent completion remains at zero. At the end of the process, the wave file is in the Converted Music folder but is of zero length. What am I doing wrong?
    Arnie
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Auxilliary Input

Originally posted by adaywayne
    I usually use another program for recording "What-You-Hear" (such as streaming audio or re-recording some existing files as a test). I thought I would try DMC AI but I seem to be doing something wrong. I am trying to record a wave file to wave as I play the file. I have done the "Test Recording Level" and that works OK. I then set the input to "What-U-Hear". For "Record Using" I have tried Default and all other options (except Modem)

I then hit the Record button and start playing the file. The VU Meter shows audio signal coming in at the proper level, but the "Converting Window", counts off the seconds elapsed but percent completion remains at zero. At the end of the process, the wave file is in the Converted Music folder but is of zero length. What am I doing wrong?
    Arnie
    Can't test this now as I don't have dMC on my work computer.

Did you actually start the recording by clicking on the red dot?
    What-U-Hear should be ok as input source. Just make sure other sources are not selected.

Incidentally the percentage of completeion cannot be displayed since there's no input length related to this: it's on the fly. It's done when it finishes playing.

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      Can't test this now as I don't have dMC on my work computer.

Did you actually start the recording by clicking on the red dot?
      What-U-Hear should be ok as input source. Just make sure other sources are not selected.

Incidentally the percentage of completeion cannot be displayed since there's no input length related to this: it's on the fly. It's done when it finishes playing.
      [COLOR=Navy]Thanks, Christina. Yes I hit the red Record button and the VU meter shows the source signal. About the "percentage completed" window, I understand what you say, but unless I hit "cancel" it would go on showing the time elapsed until doomsday! When I do hit "Cancel" there is a short "Savings" flash, but nothing in the Converted Music folder except an empty
      "Track01" file. I'm stumped. I do use other such W-U-H recording programs with no problems, so there must be something simple here I am overlooking or doing wrong. Grrrrrrr....(angry with myself!)
      Arnie[/COLOR]

Comment

• adaywayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by adaywayne
        [COLOR=Navy]Thanks, Christina. Yes I hit the red Record button and the VU meter shows the source signal. About the "percentage completed" window, I understand what you say, but unless I hit "cancel" it would go on showing the time elapsed until doomsday! When I do hit "Cancel" there is a short "Savings" flash, but nothing in the Converted Music folder except an empty
        "Track01" file. I'm stumped. I do use other such W-U-H recording programs with no problems, so there must be something simple here I am overlooking or doing wrong. Grrrrrrr....(angry with myself!)
        Arnie[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Navy]I figured it out. I didn't have "Auto End" box checkec and sincew there is no "Stop" button on the progress window the only other way to stop/save is to go back to the main AI screen and hit "Record" again.
        Dumb me!
        Arnie[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...

]]>