title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

encrypted file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sash

• Dec 2004

encrypted file

hi there, i have tried converting my wma files to mp3 but an error message pops up stating that the file that i want to convert ( all of them ) are encrypted . HELP!!!!please im disperate!!!!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: encrypted file

You cannot convert encrypted wma files, even if you encrypted them yourself in the first place. In the support section for Music Converter you will find the following information:
    Q. Error Message 'The File xyz is Copy Protected and Will Not be Converted'
    A. The audio files you are trying to convert have been protected by the owner, they deliberately did not what those audio files being shared around. Under law it is illegal for any program to remove copy protection from audio files.

Please note - by default all CD tracks ripped using Windows Media Player Version 7 to WMA are copy protected, even though the files came from your CDs the resulting WMA files cannot be converted (also if you install Windows, nothing will be able to play your files!). To disable copy protection in Windows Media Player Version 7 select Tools >> Options >> CD Audio and Uncheck Enable Personal Rights Management, now any new WMA files ripped can be converted.
    Please note, this procedure will only keep you from encrypting new wma files. It will not help with files that have been already encrypted.

For a workaround, please see this item in the FAQ:
    When you can play an audio file in a player on your pc but you cannot convert it to another format, there are 2 possible explanations and solutions for that: 1) You do not have the proper codecs for the file Using the file extension as a guide, go to Codec Central (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm) and download

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>