title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Real Media Scripting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazyrich
    • Dec 2004

Real Media Scripting

Hi,

Im using the real audio encoder to convert wav to rm, and im using a vbs script to control dbpoweramp (which is automatically generated by a Perl script). I need the rm files to be converted at varying qualities, however I cannot find any documentation on scripting for the real media encoder. Is there an equivalent real media encoder function for the below mp3 setting function?

Call Mp3Settings.Set (160, 44100, 0, 0)

My alternative to setting these options would be to load in a different configuration file (such as UsingDSPs.bin for the DSP effects power pack, which I can replace to allow me to use different DSP settings on each conversion) for each conversion but I do not seem to be able to find one - at the moment my only option seems to be to run the conversions using two seperate installations of dbpoweramp!

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
    Rich.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Real Media Scripting

You will only have access to the rm encoder by setting its values in the registry (although I didn't write that encoder so cannot be 100% sure it uses the registry, perhaps it saves its settings in a .ini file).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lazyrich
      • Dec 2004

Hi,

I've had a look through the registry and can only find settings for basic real media options such as volume normalise and the directory to write files to. Any idea where the .ini file is? It must be writing the options somewhere because it remembers them each time the program is loaded up. Where are the encoding quality parameters for MP3 and WAVE files stored?

Cheers,
      Rich.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

There are a truckload of .ini files in the folder C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\ and various subfolders.

Actually maybe what you want is C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\DataCache\Formats\encoders.i ni .

The same file is present also in C:\Program Files\Real\RealOne Player\DataCache\Formats\ .
        Last edited by ChristinaS; December 17, 2004, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• lazyrich
          • Dec 2004

Hi,

I've had a look through - those folders you mention I think apply to Real Player rather than the settings of the Real Encoder.

Surely the settings for dbpoweramp are stored somewhere? It remembers which the quality settings for mp3s and wave files - there are no config files in the dbpoweramp folders and no settings for these in the registry. Surely its not rewriting the dlls each time?

Rich.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lazyrich
            Hi,

I've had a look through - those folders you mention I think apply to Real Player rather than the settings of the Real Encoder.

Surely the settings for dbpoweramp are stored somewhere? It remembers which the quality settings for mp3s and wave files - there are no config files in the dbpoweramp folders and no settings for these in the registry. Surely its not rewriting the dlls each time?

Rich.
            Hmmmm..... perhaps you're right. But then it's going to be lots of fun to find it.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If it is in an ini file it shouldn't be in the Windows folder, it is likely they are being saved in the registry, Daren Ford wrote that dll, you might find a link on the download page to his web site.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lazyrich
                • Dec 2004

Hi,

Ive sent Daren an email so I should be finding out soon hopefully.

Does anyone know where the encoding quality parameters for mp3 and wav files are stored? (In the registry I guess, but where exactly?)

Thanks again,
                Rich.

Comment

• lazyrich
                  • Dec 2004

found it... was staring me right in the face.

Now I just need to find out how to edit the registry from a vbs script...

Rich.

Comment

Working...

]]>