title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DFergATL

• Dec 2004

WMA to MP3

Does not work. I already have Media Palyer 10 installed. Each time I right click on a wma file and select convert. I am told that I have to install the WMA 9 codec. So, I did. Twice, rebooted evern. Still can't convert a single file.

:(
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: WMA to MP3

Originally posted by DFergATL
    Does not work. I already have Media Palyer 10 installed. Each time I right click on a wma file and select convert. I am told that I have to install the WMA 9 codec. So, I did. Twice, rebooted evern. Still can't convert a single file.

:(
    Can you play the file in Windows Media Player?

Can you do a test conversion in dMC?

What specs does the wma file have?

What does it show in dMC Configuration for Input Codecs (Read)? Do you see Windows Media at all?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: WMA to MP3

DFergATL:
      To work with wma files with dBpowerAMP Music Converter with WMP 10 on your system, you will want to use the WMA 9.1 codec available from the beta test section of this forum (here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6128). The WMA 9.1 codec is designed to work with WMP 10.

I have downloaded and installed the system files and then the codec but I am not certain you need to download the system files if you have WMP 10 installed (one participant has reported being able to work with the WMA 9.1 codec and WMP 10 without the system files; if that does not work for you, try uninstalling the codec, installing the system files and then installing the codec again).

You should restart the computer after installing the codec.

If these tips do not help, please respond to Christina's questions so we will be in a better position to help you.

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>