title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 to WMA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Nuvolini
    • Dec 2004

MP3 to WMA

Sirs:

I am trying to convert an MP3 to WMA. I have followed two of the three steps on page:

I did not follow step 1 as I am running Windows Media Player 10.
    I installed dBpowerAMP-codec-wmav9.exe
    I then rebooted from a power off condition.
    When I right click on the MP3 and ask it to convert it to a WMA and click on Convert, I get the following message:
    The CODEC required to compress 'D:\My Music\Witchcraft.wma' could not be opened.

Can you help me fix the problem. I am doing a program on music CDs for our user group in January and would like to show off your program. Thanks!

Joe Nuvolini
    ComputorEdge Magazine
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Re: MP3 to WMA

Unless one of the forum experts has a better idea, try repeating the process but do Step 1 anyway. I seem to recall that is how I got it to work, even though I had WMP 9 at the time.
    Arnie

Comment

• Joe Nuvolini
      • Dec 2004

Re: MP3 to WMA

Arnie,

Thanks for the tip but it didn't solve the problem. I stumbled across the solution. I had to copy the file Windows Media Audio V9.dll from the from the compression directory to the dBpowerAMP directory. Guess it couldn'e see it in the lower directory. Works fine now. Thanks again.

Joe

Comment

Working...

]]>