title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting avi to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seagull369
    • Dec 2004

Converting avi to mp3

Hi folks. Noobie here. Was wondering if it was possible to use db to convert an avi music file I have to mp3. I checked the download page codecs and saw nothing for this, only one for mpg. I actually manually changed the file extension on my avi to mpg (which actually still played when I double clicked on it) and then used db to rip to mp3, but the output was messed up.

If db cant do this, anyone know of one that could? Thanx
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting avi to mp3

I don't think that dBpowerAMP can handle .avi but you might want to try out the program referenced in this post here:
    I tried to convert a DV-AVI file, and was directed to the Codec Central (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm) page to download the appropriate CODEC. But I couldn't find it. Is DV-AVI supported? BTW, I tried searching the forums, but the words DV and AVI were ignored, so I wasn't able to find the answer myself.

Keep us posted on how you make out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• seagull369
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the info. I tried the program, but I think my original avi file might be a tad messed up cuz when I went to rip, the program said it was unable to open the avi. Im thinkin its the files fault cuz when I go to play it, windows media player gives me an error that it's unable to download a compressor. After I click ok to that tho, it plays ok.

God knows why someone made available for download a music file in avi with no apparent video.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by seagull369
        Thanks for the info. I tried the program, but I think my original avi file might be a tad messed up cuz when I went to rip, the program said it was unable to open the avi. Im thinkin its the files fault cuz when I go to play it, windows media player gives me an error that it's unable to download a compressor. After I click ok to that tho, it plays ok.

God knows why someone made available for download a music file in avi with no apparent video.
        .avi need not contain video, it's an all purpose format, and in fact it's many different formats.

You'll have to use dMC Auxiliary Input in that case.
        Last edited by ChristinaS; December 15, 2004, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>