title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how can i convert a .wpl into a .ram

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandee
    • Dec 2004

how can i convert a .wpl into a .ram

i need to know how can i convert a .wpl into a .ram ? answer will greatly be appriciated
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Help

Originally posted by sandee
    i need to know how can i convert a .wpl into a .ram ? answer will greatly be appriciated
    A .wpl is a playlist and .ram is also a playlist (also known as meta-file). One is for the Windows Media Player and the other one is for Real Player.

Playlists (or meta-files) only give the names of the audio files to be played. You can edit them in Notepad and see what the file names contained within are.

I think maybe what you want is to convert your audio files from some type to a Real Media type (.ra or .rm) rather than the playlist itself.

You can refer to these posts for more information:

A rose by any other name..... OK, here's the scoop on those pesky .ram files. I've been clamouring all this time that .ram files are meta-files (i.e. text files giving a link to an audio file), not actual audio files. And this is true unless .... just read on. :confused: BTW, all this stuff would probably apply to

I see the questions involving converting files with extensions such as .ram, .smil, .asx, .wax, .wvx, .m3u, etc keep coming back in various forms. Here is where I would like to contribute what little I know of such files and how to handle them. Mine is more of a layman's explanation of these concepts rather than a rigorously

Comment

Working...

]]>