title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

wmvcore.dll help -.-

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FullFrozen
    • Dec 2004

wmvcore.dll help -.-

i had a new hard drive reinstalled a few days ago and i went about reinstalling all my soft ware and when i got the the music converter i got an error, i tried installing all the system files i updated media player and i tried everything on the forums and nothings working, could some one give me some help please? i run XP pro
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: wmvcore.dll help -.-

Did you get an error during installation of dBpowerAMP programs or during a conversion or what? And what is the error?

Comment

• FullFrozen
      • Dec 2004

i get the prodecure entry point WMCreateSyncReader coult not be loacted in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL everytime i try to install WMV 9 and WMV 8 codec

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FullFrozen
        i get the prodecure entry point WMCreateSyncReader coult not be loacted in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL everytime i try to install WMV 9 and WMV 8 codec
        Do you already have WMP 9 or WMP 10 installed?

SP2 ?

Are you installing everything from the dBpowerAMP downloads to the same folder, as proposed by the instllation programs?

Comment

• FullFrozen
          • Dec 2004

no SP2 and running media player 10

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

You shouldn't have to install those codecs separately I think.

At Codec Central it says to install http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...odec-wmav9.exe alone since you already have WMP 9 or higher.

That being said, there have bees reported problems with dMC and WMP 10 (I'll have to find the posts and solutions) but yours seems to be related to installation rather than usage at this point.

If indeed it is the WMVCore.DLL file that is missing, this is rather strange. It may mean a faulty WMP isntallation in the first place. You can get this file back from a number of places, e.g. http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

I'd worry though as to why the file is missing in the first place.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

That dll comes from the system files, install them and reboot the computer (full shut down).
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>