title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help:configuring to convert to VBR

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BsMx
    • Dec 2004

Help:configuring to convert to VBR

Hi:
    I wish somebody could help me. I want to configure my DBPowerAmp Music Converter to encode (or rip) files at VBR. I wanna know which is the best configuration of all the available ones.

Thanks in advance ppl
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help:configuring to convert to VBR

i don't think there is a best method. it depends on your needds. like if space is no problem then you go for lossless.

my current preference is WMA VBR Q10 - Q50 depending.

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

There is no 'best configration" for all available format types. You have to experiment a bit to find out what format, and with which settings, gives you the most acceptable audio quality/file size compromise. My own preference is for OGG format at either 128Kbs for saving on my own compter, or at 64Kps if I am sending a file to someone who does not have a high-speed connection.
      Arnie

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

As you can see, there are many different formats which support vbr encoding including mp3, wma, and Ogg.
        Each has their own characteristics. Your choice of bitrate setting is going to be based upon the particular format and your own tastes and needs. You do not need to worry about choosing a particular vbr bitrate setting for ALL the formats you will be using so that they will be the same. Music Converter will save whatever bitrate setting you choose for each individual codec.

You also need to determine the level of compression for any codec to determine what you are most comfortable with. Some people prefer to try to get the smallest file size they can, others want the best they can detect but don't want to save extra space. Each users ears and tastes are different.

We could offer more opinions/advice but it would be best if you could furnish some more details.

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• aronparsons
          • Dec 2004

There are alot of choices for encoding, but one method that has been tried and tested for a long is encoding to MP3 using LAME's alt-preset-standard setting.

Comment

Working...

]]>