title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem ripping compilations...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshley
    • Dec 2004

Problem ripping compilations...

Hey!
    I've used dBPowerAmp for a while now (awesome bit of kit), and just downloaded v11 (might have been a problem before but I hadn't noticed it). The problem I'm getting is that when ripping compilation CDs (about half of them exhibit this problem) instead of creating a directory as follows:

Various\Album title\whatever.wma

It creates a folder for each artist, and a subfolder in each of those with the album title and the artists song inside. This does not happen on all compilations, but is consistent on both mine and my girlfriends computers.

My File Creation settings are as follows:

"[artist]\[album]\[album] - [track number xx] - [artist] - [track] 320kbps"

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    josh
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problem ripping compilations...

There is a complication button in CDGrab. Try clicking it and it should arrage the files in one folder instead of one for each artist.

Edit: or just change the settings for file placement to Various/[album] and your normal track name settings.

Comment

• joshley
      • Dec 2004

Thanks for the reply LtData!
      I'd tried that Compilation button, but all it seems to do is swap the artist and track names around...? I just end up with a load of separate folders with each track name instead of each artists name. The second suggestion is what I'm having to do at the moment, but as I'm ripping all of my CDs it's getting quite a pain! It was lovely just working and every few mins putting a new CD in and hitting 'Rip'!
      Oh well, guess it'll have to be slighltly less painless :D
      josh

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Yea, it's annoying, but that's pretty much the only way I know how to do it.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Various\[album]\[album] - [track number xx] - [artist] - [track] 320kbps"

is no good?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>