title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CLI With Ogg (aoTuV beta 3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesk

• Dec 2004

CLI With Ogg (aoTuV beta 3)

ive tried many commands and have read the help file with 'oggenc.exe -h' but have no idea what to enter in the text box that you have to enter your commands into once you have installed the CLI addon and chosen oggenc.ece and set it all up nicely. i have tried 'oggenc.ece -q2', just '-q2' and loads more but it just comes up with 'codec error'. i also want to rip an entire cd rather than single files so i'm not sure which command i will have to use for that, in dBpowerAMP converter. I guess aoTuv commands are the same as other versions so i'm sure if anyone knows about the offical ones and how to get it working then itll be of help too.

i'm on the latest verson, 11, have got directshow ogg installed, the dlls are in the same directory as oggenc.exe

basically id rather use dBpowerAMP to do it in one step rather than to rip to wave and then use a program called oggdrop to make an ogg file.

thanks for any feedback :smile2:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: CLI With Ogg (aoTuV beta 3)

Originally posted by jamesk
    ive tried many commands and have read the help file with 'oggenc.exe -h' but have no idea what to enter in the text box that you have to enter your commands into once you have installed the CLI addon and chosen oggenc.ece and set it all up nicely. i have tried 'oggenc.ece -q2', just '-q2' and loads more but it just comes up with 'codec error'. i also want to rip an entire cd rather than single files so i'm not sure which command i will have to use for that, in dBpowerAMP converter. I guess aoTuv commands are the same as other versions so i'm sure if anyone knows about the offical ones and how to get it working then itll be of help too.

i'm on the latest verson, 11, have got directshow ogg installed, the dlls are in the same directory as oggenc.exe

basically id rather use dBpowerAMP to do it in one step rather than to rip to wave and then use a program called oggdrop to make an ogg file.

thanks for any feedback :smile2:
    Ok, I'm not using this generally, but I do have the codec installed and I can convert to Ogg Vorbis in the usual manner through dMC and selecting the Ogg Vorbis codec from the drop down list. Is there any reason you're using the CLI version?

-- Later ---
    OK, I read the doc a bit. The CLI version is supposed to be faster than the other one. But it only works with a Pentium 4 computer.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; December 08, 2004, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

because i want to use aoTuv beat 3, of which this company has no betas of yet which i can install. they've only got ogg 1.1. to my ears the new tuning sounds better. but i just cant find anyones code that works. if u want any more info or screenshots just ask me :smile1:

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Nope, thanks, I guess you must know what you're doing then . I didn't know it was also suppposed to result in better quality audio. I guess some lossless codecs are more lossless than others then

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

hmph i guess i should give up and find something else to do it :headbang:

i really have tried everything. now im fiddling with stdin and stdout but i thought thats something you catch off smelly people

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You have installed the dBpowerAMP Generic CLI Codec?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

yeah, Generic CLI Codec, and have selected oggenc.exe as the ext. encoder and .ogg as the extension. as i said oggenc is probably the same as the official versions.

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

someone in the history of mankind must have used to CLI encoder to produce Ogg Vorbis??? all i need is one command line, please help!!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try:

q 4.35 -a "[IDArtist]" -t "[IDTrack]" -l "[IDAlbum]" -d "[IDYear]" -G "[IDGenre]" -N "[IDComment]" [InFile]
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

and i used your exact command line spoon. -q 4.25 etc etc

did it work on your/anyone elses pc?

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

oh and i put things like IDComment in as the tags coz im just testing it and i used CLIDebug and it gave me this as the command line it used...

"C:\Documents and Settings\James\Desktop\oggenc.exe" -q 4.35 -a "IDArtist" -t "IDTrack" -l "IDAlbum" -d "IDYear" -G "IDGenre" -N "IDComment" d:\track01.cda

also tried it with a wav file ripped to hard disk, with no luck. also tried it with official ogg vorbis 1.0.1 with no luck. oh and tried with plain old oggenc.exe -q 2 with no luck.

and i stil cant work out how to get the files that dbpoweramp audio ripper has lined up for ripping into the oggenc.exe converter. how is it done in lame/aac etc? or in EAC? or CDex?

Comment

• Wayne
                        dBpoweramp Guru

• Aug 2002

Did you use the exact command line example as specified by Spoon? I think you'll find that all the [..] fields are variables that get substituted at execution time.

You definitely do not want to specify d:\track01.cda in the command line. This file doesn't really contain any data as it is a pointer to where the real audio data is stored on the CD. What audio formats can oggenc.exe process?

By specifying [Infile] in the command line dMC will substitute the appropriate (wav) file name at run time. I'm assuming that dMC will initially rip the track (from the CD) to wav which it will then pass to the CLI encoder.

Wayne

Comment

• jamesk

• Dec 2004

aw thankyou, now i understand how it works, not very hard is it. its fine now. just... how does it make the encoder think the cda file is a wave file?

oh and yes i knew .cda wouldnt work but i gave it a try anyway :blush:

Comment

Working...

]]>