title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Files Missing! MAJOR ISSUE!!!! - Please Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmro
    • Dec 2004

Files Missing! MAJOR ISSUE!!!! - Please Help

I have converted an entire library over 2000 songs from wma format to mp3 format, i used the codec required from your web page. The process of converting all those files took some time, a long time. I walked away, when i came back, the program had finished, but when i checked my files, there were none there, i did have the "Delete Origional Files" box checked, but there were no new files... PLEASE HELP! I am extremely dissapointed, and I cant figure out what to do...

Thank You
    Kevin O'Connell
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Files Missing! MAJOR ISSUE!!!! - Please Help

Most likely these were moved to a different location (the default locations for converted files are either same folder as original or C:\Converted Music) (where C is your hard drive where dBpowerAMP Music Converter is installed).
    If you find no such location do a file search for one of your converted audio files to see if you can determine where it ended up.

If these don't work, please let us know what you find trying these strategies.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kevinmro
      I have converted an entire library over 2000 songs from wma format to mp3 format, i used the codec required from your web page. The process of converting all those files took some time, a long time. I walked away, when i came back, the program had finished, but when i checked my files, there were none there, i did have the "Delete Origional Files" box checked, but there were no new files... PLEASE HELP! I am extremely dissapointed, and I cant figure out what to do...

Thank You
      Kevin O'Connell
      Lesson #1: Don't EVER use the optionsto delete original files!

Look in a folder which may be named "c:\converted music", the resulting files may be there.
      Last edited by ChristinaS; December 07, 2004, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

an important note is to never convert 2000 files over without having done a test run on just a few files first to see what the result is quickly.

Comment

• drspy00
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2004

try doing a search for any new mp3 files on the computer or search for wma files. if theres no trace of them on the computer there is always a way to recover them even if theyve been deleted if they havent been overwritten.
          theres a program called handy recovery and is available free here:
          Handy Recovery is dedicated to exploring topics related to recovering data and managing storage across various devices.

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

DON"T DO ANYTHING!!! Seriuosly, don't touch anything.

If you're using Windows, then those "deleted" files are not actually deleted. They are simply invisible and are marked as "deleted". Windows doesn't delete things, it simply marks files "deleted". Take your computer to a shop and recover those files immediately, or use Mandrake Linux (http://www.mandrake-linux.com) or Gnoppix Linux (http://www.gnoppix.org) to recover these "deleted" files.

Comment

Working...

]]>