title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Fastenc.exe has generated errors...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nic
    • Dec 2004

Fastenc.exe has generated errors...

Every time I try to rip tracks from a CD using the AAC converter it starts off ok and then get an error message pop up - Fastenc.exe has generated errors and will close. You must restart the program - anybody have any idea why this keeps happening and what I can do to fix it?
    Cheers,
    Nic
    Last edited by nic; December 06, 2004, 10:42 PM. Reason: Just tried it with some other CDs
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Fastenc.exe has generated errors...

Do you have the aac codec installed? Do you have the codec and dMC installed to the same location? Can you rip the CD to another format?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Which mp4/aac codec are you using? If you are using the AAC encoder codec, did you also download and install the aac.enc file on top of it?
      Last edited by xoas; December 07, 2004, 10:16 AM. Reason: Correct typos

Comment

• nic
        • Dec 2004

I have the 'Mp4 & AAC decoder (using FAAD2 v2.0), AAC-HE compatible decoding' (531KB) and the 'Psytel AAC Codec' (432KB) as downloaded from the codec central mp4 page. I am trying to rip my CDs so I can load them onto the memory card of my Nokia 6230 (as per the instructions found here: http://forums.mobymemory.com/shwmess...&MessageID=362). Do I also need to install the 'AACEnc encoding option' (328 KB)?

LtData: I'm not certain if the codec and dMC are installed in the same location, but I just used the default locations suggested when I installed them. I also tried ripping to MP3 (Lame) but encountered the same problem.

xoas: Not certain exactly which you mean by the AAC encider codec and the aa.enc file because the files on the codec central mp4 page have different names. Thanks anyway.

If it helps at all, I'm using a 1.2Ghz PC with Win 2000.

Cheers loads, your help is well appreciated.

Nic

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Do I also need to install the 'AACEnc encoding option' (328 KB)?
          Yes, I believe you do. The other issue may be your conversion settings but first add the AACEnc file.

Not certain exactly which you mean by the AAC encider codec and the aa.enc file because the files on the codec central mp4 page have different names.
          Meant the Psytel AAC Encoder codec and the AACEnc file. My typos, Sorry.

Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• nic
            • Dec 2004

Thanks Bill, I'll try it out when I get home.

Comment

Working...

]]>