title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Maximising Conversion Speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leinsterman
    • Dec 2004

Maximising Conversion Speed

Hi,

I am currently converting my PC music collection from WMA Lossless to Ogg so that I can store it in my iRiver (i.e 170GB into 40GB). I am converting directly to the player (which is attached via a USB 2.0 port and appears as a hard disk).

I am currently 37 hours into the job @ 7-8X RT encoding. DB Convert tells me I have 37 hours remaining.

The question(s) I have is(are) - How do I make sure this batch convert is being performed at maximum speed ? Does exiting all non essential programmes to free up processor time really make a difference or is the speed limited by the conversion process ?

Thanks

Simon
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Maximising Conversion Speed

Do you have the PowerPack installed? If so, try lowering the Priority to Below Normal or Low. This actually seems to speed up the conversion. Also, converting to Ogg Vorbis, IIRC, is one of the slowest conversions.

Comment

• leinsterman
      • Dec 2004

Thanks,

I am trying your suggestion as I write this ... I guess only time will tell if this works ...

Are there any more suggestions ?

Si

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Can you mabye convert it on your computer and then move the ogg files to the iRiver after conversion? This may help a little, but I'm unsure.

Comment

Working...

]]>