title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

do i need to uninstall previous versions of dmc to install the new version?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougm
    • Nov 2004

do i need to uninstall previous versions of dmc to install the new version?

basic question that i feel too many developers avoid mentioning - what should i do with my older version before installing the new version? can i just download and install dmc ver 11 over my current version or should i unistall it before i install ver 11?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: do i need to uninstall previous versions of dmc to install the new version?

The installation of the new version will uninstall the older version. So I have found it more convenient to not uninstall the prior version separately. I believe there is a prompt should you wish to not uninstall the older version but I would not recommend trying to have two versions of Music Converter going together unless you are very sure you know what you are doing.

The same principles also apply to the various codecs and other programs available through Illustrate.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: do i need to uninstall previous versions of dmc to install the new version?

Doesn't make much difference, I don't want to recommend uninstalling as those with the power pack (registered) might find their program unregistered.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>