title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC r11 installed - where's Mp3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

dMC r11 installed - where's Mp3?

Hi! I read Spoon's clarification note about r11, then went to the download site and downloaded the trial version of dMC r11 over the previous installation, as recommended, but although in the configuration window, there's the entry "Power Pack and Mp3 Licence Registered - Yes", scrolling down to "Compression Codecs" and Mp3 doesn't appear (only the codecs I've installed plus those originally with dMC downloads). Also, right click on a music file shows "Convert To" - with all codecs in the scrolldown menu listed except Mp3. Rectification, please?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: dMC r11 installed - where's Mp3?

Originally posted by petriburg
    Hi! I read Spoon's clarification note about r11, then went to the download site and downloaded the trial version of dMC r11 over the previous installation, as recommended, but although in the configuration window, there's the entry "Power Pack and Mp3 Licence Registered - Yes", scrolling down to "Compression Codecs" and Mp3 doesn't appear (only the codecs I've installed plus those originally with dMC downloads). Also, right click on a music file shows "Convert To" - with all codecs in the scrolldown menu listed except Mp3. Rectification, please?
    Did you install another trial version? I downloaded and installed the latest released version which is now R11, from the download site, and all seems to work fine. I don't seem to have misplaced any already installed codecs.

Hmm, I'm using W2K, if it makes any difference.

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

:( Christina, I think there's only one trial version of r11. According to Spoon, downloading the trial version over one's existing installation (in my case, r11 beta 4 or 5 - can't remember which) automatically converts trial to full version if PowerPack was installed prior to - what is the date? - anyway, mine's the fully paid verion. And I haven't 'lost' any codecs, just that Mp3, as part of PowerPack, has not installed as it was supposed to do. In other words, I still have all the codecs originally installed with earlier versions of dMC, but the Fraunhofer MP3 which is part of PowerPack, and should have automatically installed with the Full version of dMC, has not. (Using XP Pro)

P.S. My computer times are currently self-restricted by local temperatures in the range 37-39 deg. C. for the next two or three days! E-Mail checked at regular intervals, however!

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by petriburg
        :( Christina, I think there's only one trial version of r11. According to Spoon, downloading the trial version over one's existing installation (in my case, r11 beta 4 or 5 - can't remember which) automatically converts trial to full version if PowerPack was installed prior to - what is the date? - anyway, mine's the fully paid verion. And I haven't 'lost' any codecs, just that Mp3, as part of PowerPack, has not installed as it was supposed to do. In other words, I still have all the codecs originally installed with earlier versions of dMC, but the Fraunhofer MP3 which is part of PowerPack, and should have automatically installed with the Full version of dMC, has not. (Using XP Pro)

P.S. My computer times are currently self-restricted by local temperatures in the range 37-39 deg. C. for the next two or three days! E-Mail checked at regular intervals, however!
        Oh, I thought you were referring to Lame mp3.

I didn't think there was still a trial version of dmC R11 - it looks like it was placed in the current dMC download stream. I got it from there yesteray and installed it over the R11 C1 I had before.

That hot? here it's freezing LOL!

Comment

• petriburg
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2002

Re: dMC r11 installed - where's Mp3? Spoon, please help

:( So, the problem goes unresolved. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

i don't see a Fraunhofer MP3 either. however since i almost never use it i don't know how long it has been missing. i have lame mps though.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

the Fraunhofer MP3 which is part of PowerPack
              I don't believe the Fraunhofer codec is part of Power Pack. But Lame is (encoder). That is part of the new Power Pack and should have installed automatically. Does your dMC Configuration show Lame?

If you had the Fraunhofer codec installed, it should also show but you might want to try reinstalling it if you can.

Best wishes,
              Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

that sounds right xoas. there is a fraunhofer CLI codec availible in codec central. and yes lame codec shows in my settings just fine.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes, dMC comes with mp3 (Lame). There is a CLI Fraunhofer in Codec Central and there is also a Fraunhofer codec on the Wave ACM codecs (installed with Microsoft software).
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>