title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New User Can't rip CD -> mp3 (Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarryC
    • Nov 2004

New User Can't rip CD -> mp3 (Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon)

Hi, I've just installed dMC. A workmate recommended it for ripping from CDs to my MP3 player.

I can't get it to work with my "Dark Side of the moon" CD. It works with some other CDs I tried.

When I run "dMC Audio CD Input" it finds the CD, and loads the track names from the FreeDb site fine.

I then select one file, and click "RIP". A progress indicator pops up, but no progress, and after about 35 seconds I get the following message.

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.

A track is created on the destination directory, but it is only 1K in size.

I tried ripping to "Test Conversion" with the same result.

My PC and CD drive are about 6 months old - A 2.4GHz Celeron and an MSI CD/DVD R/RW drive.

Any Help appreciated. Thanks,
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: New User Can't rip CD -> mp3 (Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon)

A few things to try:

1. "Open dMC Audio CD Configuration found in Start >> Programs >> Illustrate >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Configuration and select CD Communication to 2000 / NT Built-In (Limited), click Ok, dMC Audio CD Input will now function normally"
    (this is if you have a Windows 200/NT4/XP system, tip is from the Support section of this site here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support-audio-cd.htm);

2. "In Audio CD Input >> Options Menu >> Standard CD Player Emulation >>
    make sure the option 'Table of contents detection' is switched off." ( from the FAQ section here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5081)

3. Try the advice here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...1&postcount=30

If none of these works, could you tell us whether other tracks on this cd will convert or not and what Windows version you are using. Also please confirm that you are able to play this track (or not).

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

That Audio CD has copy protection, in dMC R11 (just release seconds ago) there is a section on copy protected audio cds.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HarryC
        • Nov 2004

Thanks Spoon, I selected "Table of Contents Detection", and did the black pen thing, and it is now working.

Cheers, Harry.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I like it whan people can excersise their fair use rights
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>