title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how can I rip CDs to \converted\artist-album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicman
    • Nov 2004

how can I rip CDs to \converted\artist-album?

Need to get dMC CD Input to put the ripped files into c:\converted\artist-album without having to manually create the folder each time for each CD. It is a time consuming process of having to babysit the ripping process.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: how can I rip CDs to \converted\artist-album?

Originally posted by musicman
    Need to get dMC CD Input to put the ripped files into c:\converted\artist-album without having to manually create the folder each time for each CD. It is a time consuming process of having to babysit the ripping process.
    In dMC Audio CD Input click on the OPtion button.

For File Creation you see what is currently used to create the file names of the ripped files. Click on Set and select the method.

First you set the Rip to folder to point to C:\converted

To create a folder structure within that folder use the backslash to separate items isnteead of space or hyphen.

You will thus have something like [artist]-[album]\[title]

This will create a subfolder with a name made up of the artist and album values and within the subfolder you'll have the titles of the songs.

When you are looking at the tracks displayed for the cd you are ripping, make sure each track has a title and that the artists and labum appear at the top for each one properly. Sometimes not all tracks get identified in the freedb database. You can manually set album, artists, titles for each track as well, if needed, on the track listing itself, one by one.

Comment

• musicman
      • Nov 2004

sorry, adding "\[artist]-[album]" to "c:\coverted" directory in Options of the dMC comverter did not work. It created a folder named: [artist]-[album] inside c:\converted with no replacment of these tags. Yes there was an artist name and album in dMC at the top.

Still need solution - may be Spoon shed some wisdom to this issue.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by musicman
        sorry, adding "\[artist]-[album]" to "c:\coverted" directory in Options of the dMC comverter did not work. It created a folder named: [artist]-[album] inside c:\converted with no replacment of these tags. Yes there was an artist name and album in dMC at the top.

Still need solution - may be Spoon shed some wisdom to this issue.
        No, you don't add that to the directory path in Rip to folder. Let the directory path be c:\converted music or whatever.

In Options> File Creation > Set you select the method like I explained, using those fields in square brackets separated by back slashes. The back slashes mean that folders are created.
        Last edited by ChristinaS; December 01, 2004, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• musicman
          • Nov 2004

Thank you ChristinaS. :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>