title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Doesn't recognize MPEG4 files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeremybrett
    • Nov 2004

Doesn't recognize MPEG4 files

Greetings all:

I installed dMC this morning to convert iTunes-purchased files to mp3. I installed the mp4 codec and the configuration page says they're installed. However, when I right-click on the file I want to convert, it doesn't give me any of the dMC options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Doesn't recognize MPEG4 files

Files you purchased from the iTunes music store? These files are not directly compatible with dMC. You need to use a program to strip out the DRM (Digital Rights Management) in order to convert these files. See here for more information: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6258
    Last edited by LtData; November 23, 2004, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• jeremybrett
      • Nov 2004

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
      Jeremy

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Just so you know, the copy-protected files downloaded from iTunes have an extension of m4p, indicating they have DRM embedded in them. Also, Harmony has some problems with the most recent update of the iTunes DRM. If you convert the file but it is empty/silent, there's not much you can do except wait for an update for Harmony or use dbPowerAmp's Auxiliary Input to record each song.

Comment

Working...

]]>