title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ROM not registering disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

CD ROM not registering disc

can anyone help me to understand why my dbpoweramp is not recieving info to rip from my cd rom? i havent had problems b4 - recently i installed Norton Anti-Virus Internet Security- would this disable the program?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD ROM not registering disc

I assume you have tried logging on to the internet, opening Audio CD Input, putting a new cd in your drive, making sure you have the correct drive selected (in the Options window of Audio CD Input). If not, please do so.

Do you see a list of tracks arranged as Track 1, Track 2,...and so forth or do you see reference to only a single track or no track at all (or perhaps even a message saying "No cd detected" or asking you to put a cd in the drive).

If you see the tracks identified by number, I assume that you are not automatically connected to the Freedb database. Click on the Freedb button and attempt to log on that way. If necessary, click on the arrow next to the Freedb button and select freedb server and reset your server information.

If you don't see any tracks listed by number, go to dMC Audio CD Configuration (Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Configuration > dMC Audio CD Configuration). If CD Communication is set to ASPI, reset to Windows 2000/NT (Built-In). Re-open Audio CD Input and see if your cd is recognised then. If that does not work, click on the arrow by the Options button, click on Standard CD Player Emulation and click on Table of Contents Detection. Exit the options menu and see whther that makes a difference.

If you still have problems please give us a report of what you tried and what the results were, your Windows version, your dMC version, and what you are or are not seeing. Please also try a few cd's to make sure this is not just a problem with one or a few cd's and let us know about that as well.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: CD ROM not registering disc

Also, try clicking the "Refresh" button after you insert the CD. If this causes your track listing to come up, then your auto-play is disabled.

If your trying to get track names and CD names, you need to allow CDGrab.exe to access the internet so it can acquire the names from freedb's database.

Comment

Working...

]]>