title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music converter, audio player, cd writer, sveta portable audio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason

Music converter, audio player, cd writer, sveta portable audio?

I have been using programes like Kazaa and Itunes to play music though, but I really wanted a programe which would burn CD's, put music on MP3 players, (IPOD mini and Philips HDD100) and use as an audio player,

I found illustrate! I though great can do all these things, but when I downloaded them all, I found they are all seperate programes, is there like something im missing. So I can open a programe and do all these things from one place, or do I have to open the IPOD part to put music on the IPOD, open another programe to play music, open another to burn onto CD etc.

Can someone pls put some light on this. thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music converter, audio player, cd writer, sveta portable audio?

The dBpowerAMP/Illustrate programs were initially developed as several modules of which the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) was the (more or less) central component with the Auxilary Input and File Selector modules directly relate to dMC functions and the dB Audio Player, CD Writer, and Sveta all tend to feed off of dMC's features in one way or another. Spoon, the person responsible for all of these programs, is working towards trying to achieve greater integration of all of these programs. A major step in this effort is including File Selector and Auxilary Input in the dMC download in the current beta release.

This being said, I do think that while the dB programs may create some confusion through their variety of interfaces, each interface does has it's own distinctive purpose.
    As you get used to them, you should find it easier to coordinate your efforts. For example, you can use CD Writer to copy tracks directly off af a cd and burn them to a blank cd. You can use Windows Explorer to access most operations directly from the files. You can record tracks from Auxilary Input directly into any of a variety of formats.
    If you are listening to music in the Audio Player, you can also call up and convert tracks from the My Music Collection window. And many people are quite comfortable with justing using one or two components from this array of programs. Myself, I have and use all of them except Sveta (and then because I don't have a portable player that downloads digital audio from the computer).

Comment

• savagcl
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2004

I'm not one of the experts here but i can think of several reasons for the single-program approach.

a). A single program won't take as much memory to run and thereby gives faster processing,
      hopefully without having to much paging to/from the hard-drive. Low memory PC's will appreciate
      this fact.
      b). A single program allows for much faster trouble-shooting and fixing of bugs.
      c). A single purpose,stream-lined program can do its job better if its not
      encumbered with megs of code dedicated to doing other functions (as it would
      be for a multi-function program).

I'm sure there are other reasons but these come to mind first.

savagcl

Comment

• sameh1512
        • Mar 2006

thanks for that programe it's very nice

Comment

Working...

]]>