title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can't find the asx file ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surfbug
    • Nov 2004

can't find the asx file ?

I'm beginner,
    I looked at the lists that wav, Mp , ms3 ETC but I couldn't find the asx file anywhere. I'll convert from mp to aux for my homepage. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks,
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: can't find the asx file ?

Asx files are a kind of meta-file format that may contain audio or video files, generally, I believe, in Windows Media Format.
    For instructions on how to deal with these files see this thread here:
    Would like burn a audio cd disk from a .asx file recorded from an internet talk show. have already tryed renaming it to .wma file. Any help welcome, thank you.

If you need further help, please let us know.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• surfbug
      • Nov 2004

I'm beginner,

I looked at the thread where I saw this. I opened the notepade and pasted it on. Which format do I chose to save? Do I open from the your program or something else?

Code:
      <ASX VERSION="3.0">
      <ENTRY>
      <REF HREF="mms://a827.v31715.c3171.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/827/3171/v0001/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/uswm2/328/19328_1_01.wm2" />
      </ENTRY>
      </ASX>

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

OK. The line you are looking for is the one starting HREF="......."
        And what you are looking for are the first three letters after that. In this case it is mms. That means essentially that your only hope for doing anything with this file other than listen to it is to record it off of your soundcard while you are listening to it off the internet. The thread I listed previously should help you figure out the mechanic of this.

If you run into trouble, please let us know.
        Best wishes,
        Bill mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>