title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

M4a conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

M4a conversion

I am having issues getting M4a files converted to any format using the software.

My machine is on XP Sp2 and will allow me to convert either WAV or MP3 to any other format however when I try to convert M4a to any other format it gets to about 2 seconds on the elapsed time and the throws an exception error with the following signature -

AppName: musicconverter.exe AppVer: 4.2.1.0 ModName: mp4.dll
    ModVer: 4.1.4.2 Offset: 000017c7

I have tried re-installing and rebooting and removal manually from the registry and am somewhat stumped.

Can anyone recommend anything for me???

Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: M4a conversion

First, try doing a Test Conversion (no write) on this file, to make sure dMC can decode the file. If it still errors out, does the file play in any player?

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for the help!!!

Tried a "no write" test and get the same issue and when I try to play M4a file in quicktime it say's it's playing however no volume from file!!!!

Any idea's what I'm doing wrong?

The M4P file was downloaded from ITunes and converted using Hymn dowloaded from gatesofhell.com as recommended in the forum.

Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Thanks for the help!!!

Tried a "no write" test and get the same issue and when I try to play M4a file in quicktime it say's it's playing however no volume from file!!!!

Any idea's what I'm doing wrong?

The M4P file was downloaded from ITunes and converted using Hymn dowloaded from gatesofhell.com as recommended in the forum.

Thanks
        No volume indicates that your Volume Controls have probably CD Player as playback source. Right click on the volume icon (bullhorn in task bar) and use open Volume Controls and chekc Options > Playback. Make suer all the available optins are selected and then check which ones are enabvled and which ones are muted. They really should all be enabled (except microphone at this point).

Comment

• Unregistered

Tthis was first thing I tried unfortunately and all are set to maximum. Have no problem playing the original file or any other MP3, wav, wma files.

I've tried downloading a copy of Hymn from another site and re-running the process but still no joy!!!!

Any suggestions?

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

We recently had a similar report of no sound coming from an m4a program created by Hymn from an m4p file. I see there are some similar reports on the Hymn forum also. I would wonder if you would do any better with either of the alternatives to Hymn or with trying to record the m4p files from your sound card. For more on these alternatives, see this thread here:
            How to convert iTunes m4p to any other format Read this thread for latest information: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=54918#post54918 ----------- This post is a synthesis of many made by Bill (Xoas (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/member.php?u=12) ) after painstakingly reading and answering many forum

Let us know how you make out.

Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>